8 C Butternut Puree (2-4 Butternuts depending on size)
2 TBS Unsalted Butter
3 Sweet Onions, chopped
3 cloves Garlic, crushed
1 large Shallot, diced
4 C Chicken or Veg stock
2 Apples, chopped
5 Carrots, chopped
½ C Plain Yogurt
¼ tsp: Cinnamon, Turmeric, Ginger, Paprika & Parsley
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat Oven to 375°, Cut butternuts into halves and bake for 45-50 minutes or until flesh is easily pierced with a fork.
After it is cool enough to handle: Scrape the flesh from skin using a spoon, puree, & set aside.
2. Melt butter in pan: add onions, garlic, shallots; sauté 7 minutes or until translucent and slightly browned.
3. In a large pot add chicken stock, apple, and carrots. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all veg is soft about 15-20 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly.
4. Puree above ingredients. Combine veg puree, butternut puree, and yogurt in a large pot. Cook just until heated through.
5. Season with above spices.
6. Serve with a dollop of yogurt & sprinkle with paprika & parsley.
The paprika, parsley, & yogurt come together and make the soup look fancy.
Visually impress your guests.
**This is on the thicker side.
I like to dip good breads into it. :}
If you prefer runnier bisque, add more broth or water.